One of my favorite things to read about is relationships. It doesn't really matter if it is about finding people to love, new friendships, or dramatic things like divorce and even facing the grief from death. The way that people interact with each other amazes me. From love to hate, good and bad, you name it and if it has to do with what can be felt between two people, I will probably be gobbling it up. This has really helped me in my life, especially in my marriage. I think reading book on divorce was the best thing ever for me. Not because I wanted to learn how to get one, but because it opened up my eyes to how special, precious, valuable and delicate that relationship is between a man and woman. One slip up, intended or not, can cause irreversible damage between the husband and wife.
I read something once that has forever stuck with me about casual relationships too. This particular article talked about how even the way we interact with the person at the grocery store who bags our groceries can affect us forever and of course the opposite is true about them being affected by us. It really made me stop to think about how I can be a good or bad effect on someone even for a moment in time, but to them it might be just the thing to push them in a good or bad way. In the movie "What Women Want" there is a part where because Nick (Mel Gibson) can read women's minds and at work reads the mind of Erin (Judy Greer) and learns that she feels like a nobody, overlooked and unnoticed. This really brought a clear picture of how my time around others can make or break them. Do I want to be just another person who doesn't notice them or do I want to be someone who can say hello and make them feel alive. It really doesn't take much. All people want is to be accepted for who they are. No one longs for a friend or spouse or anyone to just come along and point out all the things they need to change.
I work in the fast food industry. People around me are working there for many reasons. Some it is the only place that will hire them due to age, school schedules, or as a career choice. There are some who are just young teens and others who are grandparents. What a chance to meet people and learn more about who this human race really is....I soak up so much in my mind about people just by being around them. Each one so unique and yet so much just like everyone one else.
No comments:
Post a Comment