Sunday, August 1, 2010

Five Years Ago....

Five years ago in August....
  • I was pregnant with the twins.
  • Jeremy was working his tail off at Rent-A-Center.
  • My Dad took his last breath on this earth.
  • My mom had to share a birthday from a distance with 4 grieving kids. Dad's funeral was on that day.
  • I spent 6 days in the hosptial. The majority of it in Perinatal ICU fighting to keep those babies from coming early.
  • I learned I need let go of things out of my control.
  • I returned home still pregnant with 2 healthy babies tucked safely in my womb.
  • I leaned alot on a few wonderful friends.
  • I found how loving members from various churches were through cards.

August is bitter sweet for me. I hate going through the stages of grief over and over. I know this is a part of life, but it is one I don't care for. I miss my dad and how special he could make me feel just by saying, " I love ya, Sis." It makes me feel like a lost child to know I won't hear his voice utter those words ever again. I am amazed how powerful a parents words can be to a child. This little girl longed for the praise of her daddy all her life and when those things were voiced to me, I soared high! I can't believe it has been 5 years already. I have 3 children whom Dad has never met and it breaks my heart that he isn't here to see them. He would be so proud to see how much Shelby has grown and how beautiful she is. He was so protective of her with all her baby troubles. They shared October for their birthdays, only 2 days apart. ;-) He never got to see our home here or the church. After all our hard work and sacrifice he didn't get to see what Jeremy and I worked so hard for. He would be so proud of Jeremy and the great husband and father he is to us.

The memories are forever in my heart....... ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment