Thursday, July 29, 2010

I do it for you!


I returned to my part time job tonight. I am beat. I have been off work for 3 months because of an injury to my achillies tendon. By the way, I don't recommend tearing it, it is painful and slow healing and you don't want to get me started about the cost. ;)

So, why on top of all I do am I working? To keep my husband from taking on any more than he has to right now and for my children. I am like most who work...I hate getting up to go do it, but once I am there I just keep pushing to get that jobs I have finished so I can get home again.

I am blessed though, as I have a chance through my job to meet lots of young people. What an eye opening time I have had as I get to "see" into their lives and their minds.

Tonight I shared the story of the Little Red Hen with one young lady. She had NEVER heard of it! *Gasping!* lol
I thought everyone knew that story. So it was nice to talk to her about how we need to work and by working we are able to eat. (2 Thess. 2:10)
I told her that the Bible teaches us to love work and we should always do our best. (Ecc. 9:10)
Now she understands that I don't like work, but I do like a job well done. One I can be proud of. I hope as time goes on that I can talk to her more about not only a job to be proud of, but a life to be proud of. I know all in good time and with dishes and orders we are limited at work.

I love my job and the people I work with. I am blessed with a husband who provides our main income and left me the choice to work. I do it for you, my dear family. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment